Monday 6 August 2007

Happy patient..sometimes

I was on call this morning from 830am till 1pm. Feeling dreadful i got myself to face the ever fateful "board of patients that never seem to stop filling up". There weren't many cases i need reviewing. I then had the most remarkable referral..well..almost a referral... NO..its not. Its a midwife telling me that i had a gift over the weekend from a patient whom i had seen earlier last month.

"Dr Tan, you have two bottles of wine from a patient" the midwife claimed.

"Really?" I couldn't believed my ears. "Are you sure its for me?" I reconfirmed.

"Yes. There you go, a card with it. Open it and see who it was." she said.

I steadily ripped the letter open and read it. I of course couldn't recall who the patient was or when i had seen her but felt happy that she was grateful for what i have done for her and her baby. Not sure if she is delighted that i have literally cut open her abdomen and delivered her baby, removing her chance at vaginal delivery plus ensuring she gets another 3 days of additional stay post operation. I completely took over her control of the whole labour process. Oh well, anyways i must have done it for a good reason to deserved the two bottles. Cheers!

No comments: