Saturday 16 June 2007

Nothing better to do...so much time!



mom and dad went back to malaysia today. I drove back to La Klo Yee after Heathrow and although initially had intended to go out to meet paul and vinna....but it was raining quite heavily (was in the car driving... @%!£% took a wrong turn as tomtom no GPS signal!)...so i decided to be 'lazy'...i stayed indoors instead..and started on my little project (and i promise you that more will come).

I have always wanted to make my own animation using still pictures captured on my camera (dunno why, at the same time...got a Mac magazine and they were writing an article on how to!! yippee!). So...i was like thinking hard on what object or subject to use. Then... blink!... i remembered CH had bought some...erm...erm...dunno what those dolls are called lah. From Prague...

So, all ready... camera out (my D70 Nikon), tripod...and then snap! snap! snap! .... but aiyo... battery run out. Forget to bring charger! Shit...

CH: erm erm... (cooking her porridge) use mine loh... i dont know whether can use or not lah...
Me: Can ah?
CH: Can..
Me: thanks (inside.....jumping up and down...boing boing boing like small boy excited)

Camera ready... Powershot S3..snap snap... I think i took about 274 pics to make this short film. Uploaded onto my Macbook's IMovie and then did some editing. So here it is...the end product. Cute leh... I call it...erm "THUN YUP LUNG" -meaning in cantonese..(direct translation bounce into hole!
MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

5 comments:

fibrate said...

Thun Yup Lung...sounds like someone I know...LOL

I think they're called Russian nesting dolls.

Cool project! Suddenly inspired to try it myself...but unlike you, I have no time!

*e*le*nie* said...

cool.....for karyn and nicole...it's higglytown heroes. it looks so similar to some of the scenes from there...

good work...keep it up..

Anonymous said...

hey... this is so cool!!! can help me do one animation for my memento flipflops ah?

Anonymous said...

Yea...someone said that he feels naked without his camera... so gotta lend him a camera lo..albeit smaller and not so powderful, but guess can do la..covered his nakedness for the weekend...and oso keeps him busy...

yltan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.