Thursday 21 June 2007

Ectopic pregnancies comes in three

I have always have these things with ectopic pregnancies and whenever i am oncall, it appears that almost always three cases would turn up in the entire week. I do not know why..but i guess its just superstitious. But heck, last friday there was one..and today there is TWO!! Yes two...both listed up for laparoscopic surgery. But alas... i am off work now..and the consultant will be doing it. Shucks.. wish i could have a go at them...

But its alright.. i had my share of surgery this week. Did er..lets see... one total abdominal hysterectomy, one vag hys and posterior repair, and saw one manchester repair. Not too bad i would say.

By the way...you should see the manchester repair that my consultant did. the cervix was so long that it protruded out from the vagina..and its so bizarre. Both me and the consultant stared at it and looked clueless.. hehhee...

2 comments:

nicole said...

the last para is utterly gross and disrespectful... and I think I speak for womenkind...

yltan said...

nicole: its just my way of describing what it looks like and believe me i am not being disrecpectful. This is just the cervix that is protruding... but when its the whole uterus and cervix..with what we call procidentia...it can look even worst... more like a big pouch hanging outside the vagina...

Gross? not to me... to me ...its work..