Friday 29 August 2008

Hungry Ghost Month



It's been quite a eventful month I would say for my work. We had a few near misses and some are potentially medico legal 'incidence'. After all it is Obs & Gynae we are talking about and we all know the up and coming trend in 'suing' medical staffs for this.

I think it may have been due to the fact that lotsa lost souls wanted to have infants to accompany them in the afterworld. I am not superstitious but it's just my thoughts, my idea, my impression and my fear.

Things needed a change. We all need to upkeep and update ourselves to serve better. I am not perfect myself and hence I too am still going through and reading to improve myself. These I feel are essential in the field of medicine. However, now and then.... we do have people who are resistant to changes. I would think that there are many reasons for this;

1. They are just plain lazy...
2. They are afraid of more work...
3. They feel that they know everything as they are more senior...
4. They think they are just wasting time because others are not changing...
5. They feel that by changing...it would mean that they are wrong previously..
6. They are moving somewhere else...or retiring and not bothered...
7. They are Malaysians.... and it takes Malaysians a very VERY LONG time to make changes...2020 remember... so its 12 years to go..
8. They are old horses...and old horses are hard to retrain..

Whatever the reason may be...they are just lousy reasons. We change everyday.. even the way we shit, eat and drink. So what's so difficult about it? I change my underwear everyday for heavens sake!!! Imagine if one doesn't? It would be stained and f**king foul smelling eh? Exactly like in the field of medicine...we would be full of shit...shitty work and services. That's what the public thinks of us, those working in the public sector.

Sigh.... I just sometimes wonder how we are going to improve ourselves in order for the world to see us as a developed country. We lost their confidence in our seafood export, billions of dollar investment in the pearl of Orient and for me... the RCOG is not even recognising the part one MOG master's programme as equivalent to that of part 1 MRCOG.

Sad..but true...

I need another diving trip.... upset already... anyways...my phone is ringing and I need to supervise my colleague in a caesarean section..

No comments: