Thursday 10 January 2008

Kuching



Finally back in Kuching after so long. The minute the plane flew over the skies of the land of hornbills, I had noticed some changes. There are new housing areas now, more buildings, and roads are wider.

I reported back to work yesterday.

There is a new shopping complex called Boulevard, been there, and unfortunately still sucks. Depressing standard as compared to those in KL. Sigh, what is wrong with the developer and architect?? Anyways its the usual walk around town and completing the three other complexes within an hour prior to heading towards my favorite vegetarian shop. Was glad it is still there.

There are not many familiar faces in the hospital but yet I was recognized by my previous staffs immediately. Even the director's secretary remembered me. Almost everyone asked about my diamond earring. 'I have given it to my sister' I replied. 'Aiyo, sik macho gi lah cam tok' some had passed comments. Only one realises I was not wearing my usual frame less spectacles.

My big boss is not around. he went on leave. I will be seeing him tomorrow morning in his office. He had called a day earlier and spoke to another colleague of ours. 'He is back? So does he still have his diamond earring? Is his hair purple?' Boss asked. My colleague laughed. Another suggested I dyed my hair purple or perhaps wear a wig tomorrow, just for the fun of it. I would be schizophrenic or manic to go with that idea.

Looks like its going to be a tough road ahead from tomorrow onwards. Hope I do not collapse under pressure. Here goes...

6 comments:

Jaysmeen said...

Hi Dr! You're now working as a gynecologist at SGH ah? If you are, kudos man! I've been to the clinic for 1.5 years already and my conditions are still as hellish, if not worse. heheh. I'm beginning to give up on SGH when I bumped into this post. Maybe you can help?=P

Anyways you can reply to this at iluvyeshualuvsme@yahoo.com if you want to =)

Anonymous said...

:)

yltan said...

Jaysmeen: hi there... and thanks for dropping by. Sounds like a chronic condition you have there. To be honest, I am sure my colleagues are doing their utmost professional care for you as far I know of them. Keep believing in SGH and their Obs and Gynae team. Even if i were to help, you would still need to go through the proper channel to be seen in the clinics and perhaps replying via email is not that appropriate. If I happened to be on duty there I am more than happy to help give an opinion, etc.

Jaysmeen said...

Hi dr,

well I was on Marvelon on and off for a year, and in the midst of it went on Duphaston for three weeks (it failed after the first week). While on Duph I discovered that I had thrombocytopenia and because I was still bleeding three weeks into Duphaston, I quit. Then I was back on Marvelon twice again: May and September, both times it didn't work at all. I used to have long bleeds (3-5 weeks) and had two In Nov, and none till now. My hormones profile is normal, so it may not be an hormonal imbalance after all. They've not done other tests besides hormones.

Anyway, thanks for yr reply.

Anonymous said...

Hello there so you are back! and i see you dived with the mantas

Hey!no updates means you must be busy! Keep in touch!

nicole said...

hello fren, i think it's time to update your blog lor... unless you are too busy chasing nurses' skirts again...