Saturday 22 September 2007

My window...

Ever wondered how one would look through your window and see what you see every morning, afternoon, evening and night? I looked out from my window today as usual and thought to myself ' Will I will miss this view in about two months time when i am home?'.

I called home and chatted with mom about almost every single new gossips or happenings. We talked about how my cousin sister and her husband had been robbed on the NKVE a few days back. He is recovering from the 'parang' slashes and she is taking more days of MC to allow her bruised limbs and cuts to heal. My cousin sister had jumped out from the car whilst it was going at about 40 to 50 miles per hour after it was hijacked. She had been brave. Had she not done that, i am not too sure whether i would be seeing her anymore. I would have imagined the worst possible outcomes if she was still in the car.

I am quite surprised how unsafe Malaysia had become. I fear for my two nieces after reading the news on Nurin. The little girl who had been brutally abused and murdered. I had jokingly suggested to have CCTV installed in the house. Mom laughed and for a minute I think she did give it a second thought. I then remembered it was not too long ago fibrate had wrote about her in-law's house.

The cost of living has escalated I was told. Mom was comparing prices of raw meat now and a year ago. An example that she often used. She continued saying that an outing nowadays can easily cost more than 50 ringgit. I believed her. 50 pounds can keep me going for two weeks here. And that includes my car petrol.

I ended the conversation early as I had planned to go to town. Again i looked through the window. 'Yes, i am definitely going to miss UK'.

And yes, the window had nothing to do with my conversation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a crazy world we live in. I hope to settle hobbit-ly ever after in Middle Earth someday, where yes, the grass is indeed greener.

Anonymous said...

it will only get worse till the Lord comes again

Anonymous said...

Hi..Nice window, nice song. Not going get the window view in Malaysia but you can still get the song. So, guess it will just be half bad to be back here. What is the title of the song?

Anonymous said...

doc perineum . just wondering what is your pearls of wisdom on preparation for the mrcog ?

yltan said...

anonymous: thanks for the comments again. It would be great if i were to know who you are rather than being anonymous all the time. My pearls of wisdom??? Well no wisdom but i can tell you how i prepared for the exams if i were to have your email... and is it part 1 or 2 you are sitting... and when are you trying for it?

Anonymous said...

having the mrcog is really WOW.. a great achievement! if i reach that stage .. imagine no more exams for the rest of your life !! can throw away all the books... no more stress.... hippo at vodafone dot ie ... preparing for part 2 at the moment . tkx a lot