Friday 13 July 2007

She is doing alright..

Came to hospital tonight to do my last on call (for this week), the 8Th one in a row and the patient i was looking forward to review first was the one whom had the post partum bleeding.

She was already out from HDU and has been extubated since 1300. Had four units of bloods transfused and she was no longer bleeding. Brilliant! Observation had been stable throughout the day whilst i was sleeping and recuperating from last night.

She was with her husband, twins in her arms...baby girl left and baby boy right.

One happy family.

One lucky patient who had survived the traumatic ordeal less than 24 hours ago.

We went through the events that took placed and even had the time to laugh about the whole experience. That scary 4 hours when she was still in the operating room, with her husband in the delivery suite holding on to the twins not knowing exactly what was happening is just too much for anyone to handle.

me: alright then...i have gotta go see other patients..now you take care..and i may pop in once a while during the night to check on you...

patient: thank you doctor


I left the room knowing she will do fine.

5 comments:

*e*le*nie* said...

rejoice tat she is on the way to good recovery and starting her motherhood journey. :)

nicole said...

bravo doc :) Don't you sometimes sit back and think that you have one of the best jobs in the world? I really think doctors do more good in one day than many of us in a year.

yltan said...

yes, its great to hear she is getting better.

nicole: well..to be honest....i am still not sure whether its the best job..but what i can tell you is its the MOST STRESSFUL JOB!

eve said...

Hmm...and to think that I almost did O+G as my post grad...I love the subject but with the kids I have now..I wouldn't be able to cope if I had become one..

yltan said...

eve: i am too deep into O+G already and cannot bail out. But i suppose i can still be a gp with mrcog.. and in the meantime take up mrcgp. I dont know also how i can cope with this day in day out. isssh...sian...